Now I’ve walked on Canadian soil for one week and I love it here.
What have I learned? Well:
- How friendly Canadians are
- How to lock a door with a door KNOB (as we only have handles in Sweden)
- How their storm drains is designed
- How large all packages at supermarkets (and smaller shops) are!
- How intimate the press reports about crime victims (full name, age, interviewing friends/family about how they where as persons etc)
- How cheap food is, both in supermarkets and restaurants
- How Kleenex is a institution over here
- How the cashier does the packaging after you’ve bought food at the store
…and lots and lots of more. It has been a slow start with a lot of time to settle, explore, study, doing fun stuff, socialize e.t.c. It has been perfect! Although I cried a little when I video-phoned Daniel this morning (he was so cute and we hadn’t seen each other for 10 days!) I’m not homesick at all. I’m just happy about having a lot of time left here.
To be continued, and Happy Friday!Kommentera